6 Degrees Group
Amazing intown client looking for a Tax Accountant for their team. Located downtown and offers amazing benefits and culture. Director offers stable work environment and long term tenure. Truly a great place to work!
- Prepare federal and state returns
- Preparing roll forward schedules
- Prepare tax depreciation and amortization schedules
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Two years of tax preparation experience with public or private
- Excellent communication and presentation
- Prepare and file the Federal and State income tax filings for a Real Estate Investment Trust (Form 1120-REIT), an operating partnership (Form 1065), corporations (Form 1120) and numerous partnership returns (Form 1065).
- Review or prepare tax depreciation and amortization schedules and basis reconciliation schedules.
- Rollforward corporations book tax differences and reconcile tax basis to book basis for the income tax provision.
- Calculate projected taxable income on a quarterly (or as needed) basis for above mentioned entities and make the appropriate estimated payments.
- Prepare extensions and miscellaneous filings and requests including Georgia non-resident income tax withholding exemption certificate and 1% or more shareholder stock ownership requests.
- Prepare or review business licenses and sales and use tax returns.
- Assist with preparation of the department budget.
- Research and provide recommendations for sales and use tax questions to other department.
- Communicate with transfer agent on capital gains to foreign shareholders.
- Assist with federal and state audits.
- Respond to notices and correspondences from various jurisdictions.
- Maintain the Tax Calendar and attain EINs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics required.
- A minimum of 2+ years of tax experience required.
- Must be organized, concise, detailed, flexible, and efficient.
- Must possess the ability to take initiative to resolve problems and offer solutions in a professional manner.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of operations.
- Must be a team player, be available to work outside the core business hours when needed, and be willing to adapt and grow to accommodate the work flow required as needs evolve.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office is required with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Exposure to Yardi is a plus.
- UPREIT experience is a plus.
- Responsiveness Need to operate with a sense of urgency, when needed, to meet deadlines and requirements; be a self-starter and willing to trouble shoot situations to find solutions; be willing to learn and demonstrate proficiency in the variety of tasks required of this position.
- Integrity – Demonstrate sound business ethics; consistently comply with organizational values; protect confidential information.
- Communication – Able to clearly express ideas; present verbal information in a straightforward manner; ask questions in order to open channels of communication; listen to understand perspective of others.