6 Degrees Group
6 Degrees Group is currently recruiting for a Development Accountant. This role requires someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and help out wherever needed. Candidates MUST have commercial property experience and a bachelors degree in Accounting.
Duties will include:
- Full cycle Accounting –
- Accounts receivable Responsible for checking lockbox bank accounts and recording actual deposits into accounting software within client guidelines or within a maximum of 24 hours, updating property managers and clients on delinquencies and collection activity
- Accounts payable Process and code invoices for payment to the budget/forecast and forward to property manager(s) for approval and help process the creation and distribution of annual 1099s
- Budgets for next budget year and updated current year forecasts in client requested formats
- CAM/Tax/Insurance Monthly/Quarterly/Annual reconciliations and billings
- Client specific reports which also include financial reporting experience (Full Cycle to Income Statement & Balance Sheet)
- Reconciliations of bank accounts, subsidiary ledgers to general ledger, and balance sheet accounts
- Variance analysis for month to date and year to date actual to budget for revenue, expense, and capital accounts
- Ad Hoc Projects when required.
Property Accountant Requirements:
- Accounting Degree with experience in real estate accounting for commercial/industrial is preferred but will consider other real estate experience
- Software: MRI is required; Yardi would be a plus, Microsoft Office suite required